Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A few more "1st's"

Dedication to the Lord and Sarah Avery

I still do not have pictures that I can attach on here because my camera's cable is lost, however, I will post them as soon as I can. We dedicated ourselves as parents to the Lord and to our daughter on a very special day, May 11th. This was also Mother's day! This was a meaningful time for our family as many of you are familiar with the commitment that we make as believers in Christ to dedicate our lifestyles and habits to the Glory of God for the benefit of our child being reared in a home that Loves God and serves Him through obeying Christ and loving others. The morning was awesome in just the commitment alone that we were making, as well as all of our family and friends being witness to it. In our church when your child is dedicated, they take her name and give her names meaning. Sarah Avery's meaning is "Beloved" and the verse that they used for her was from Psalm 45:13 "All glorious is the princess in her chamber, with robes interwoven with gold".
It was a great day celebrating the gift of our daughter and thanking God for entrusting her to us for the time He ordains. It was a surreal day celebrating as a mother for the first time and it didn't seem much different than any other day except I just can't stop thanking God for giving Matt and I the gift of a child and hoping that I will be a mother who models Christ in my living.
All of Matt's grandparents, our parents, Andy and Carol, Uncle David, Aunt Linda, Trena, Natalie, Lexie and Kerri attended. Our daughter has a lot of people that love her and it was evident at her dedication! Thank you.

No comments: