Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Baby Food






Yep, this post is about baby food. Before Avery started eating solid foods I made up my mind and decided that I would do my best to make most of her baby food at home. This is not to say that I wouldn't use baby food in a jar, I just wanted to try it on my own for two reasons.

1. Nutrition
2. Economics

I didn't know how much money it would save but I knew it would be worth the effort. Well, we are two months in to it and it is definitely saving money and I think she likes it! :)
I have two Heather friends who are also doing this, so we are going to try and do a food swap to make it a little easier on each of us. Our babies are of similiar ages and were eating foods at the same stages, NICE! So, I will attach a few pictures for you to see some of the results.. It's not all that difficult, a little time consuming and sometimes you have to recruit help.. I had Matt's help tonight because I had to have muscle power to core the pears.. BTW, the pears came from a tree in Shelby County curtousy of a person at my work. The blueberries came from Kerri's parents.

So far Avery's menu includes:
yellow squash, sweet peas, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, pears, avacado, blueberries, and peaches. And the winner of the favorite food is BUTTERNUT SQUASH.
Action shots!

No comments: