Friday, November 6, 2009

ORPHAN, PERSECUTION

These words don't sound very lovely do they? What if you were an orphan? What if you were being persecuted and no one cared or prayed for you? This month of November is the month to celebrate adoption and I say celebrate because I have heard that it is one of the most beautiful ways to understand the Love of God. I think I do kind of understand because I know that I was adopted. BY GOD. He loved me so much that he chose to take me into his family regardless if I was his own blood. Thank you Lord. Thank you.
(10,000 lives were spared from abortion during the 40 days of life, some of those babies will need to be adopted). Thank you God for your love for us!

Persecuted is another word that we don't wrap our minds around much at all here in Alabama. Well November 8th is not only a day to pray for and give to orphans, it is also the day when we should grieve and pray for the persecuted church. Scripture tells us that we will be persecuted for our faith. There are many many believers in our world that are being tortured and persecuted because they chose The Way. To love The Master. To have faith in the ONE true God. To go against all the false gods. Do you know their stories or who they are? Do you think about them?

Please Please Please pray for 147 million orphans that need food, shelter, a loving family and most of all, the knowledge and faith in the One True God.

And Please please please pray for those believers that are suffering for Christ.

This weekend and all month our hearts should be overflowing with thankfulness for all the we have.. BUT we should be restless in our lives to pray and be concerned for all of God's children throughout our world.

IF you want to know how to give to Orphan ministries or if you need resources on the persecuted church, please let me know.. Leave me a comment.

No comments: