Friday, January 15, 2010

Urgent Call for Prayer

Dear friends,

It is with a heavy heart and even fear right now at this point that I ask for your prayers. Please pray for my Mom, Janie McCallie. In June she had her right kidney removed because there was a cancerous tumor. She had an amazing doctor who removed it swiftly and efficiently. Almost two weeks ago she went in for a follow up screening and had several cat scans. Everything looked great in the liver and organs surrounding it. Then the doctor noticed there was a notch on her hip bone that looked suspicious so they wanted her to have a Petscan which would test tissues and cells and all sorts of things. She got her results today. Doctor told her that there are two spots of cancer that are called "renal carcinoma" that are sitting on her hip bone and one on her pelvis. He told her that she would go to oncology next Thursday to begin treatment and that there was a new chemo medicine that has proven successful. Please, Please be praying for healing and strength for my Mom as she approaches her appointment next week and finds out what the treatment will look like. My Mom is so strong, but she is shocked right now and we just all need your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for your mom and entire family during this rough time. Myself, my stepmom and both of my grandmothers had some form of cancer so I understand the struggle. Praise the Lord your mom is strong and she has all of you being strong on her behalf. Thank you for sharing your news and allowing us the opportunity to pray for everyone.
Alissa

April said...

Wow! I just saw this post... I will be praying - keep the updates coming!