Wednesday, September 29, 2010

paci

When you have a two year old, there are just a few things that you wonder if your child will ever grow out of. I have begun to question lately if she will be able to give these two paci's up...The logical part of me knows that she will, but here lately, I do wonder, but mostly, I think it is adorable how much she loves them. The last several nights I have asked her what she is thankful for in which she replies: "I am thankful for my paci's and my blankie"...This girl is for real! Here she is in her most recent loved position. Taking the 2nd paci and lightly brushing her cheek or nose.
And here she is in the old faithful position. Holding her 2nd paci with one hand and with the other, with 1 or 2 fingers massaging it or plucking it like you would a flower petal. Hopefully by her 3rd birthday, we will be able to transition to her only depending on God, her parents and her blankie.

4 comments:

Jennifer Crawley said...

last night during prayers i heard thank you for paapaa (pacifier). i immediately thought of this post!! i feel your pacifier pain!

April said...

Got a chuckle out of this... yeah it took us a while to transition out of the paci too... So don't worry about it. L.M. has seen the dentist and all is great! We started trying to prep him a few months before the big 3... I asked if he would like to take it to the toy store and use it to "buy" a new toy... making sure he understood that he wouldn't get it back... the first time he said no, then I tried again the week of his bday and he said yes... I was skyptical but we went to ToysRus and umm yeah I didn't think to set a price limit but he picked out this 2 ft long truck that moves and makes noises... he practically flung the paci at the clerk (who I preped) and we were off... no tears no or anything (I snuck the paci in my purse)... then of course right before nap he asked for it and even said he would return the truck yadda yadda... and I realized it is now or never and I said well we can take it back but you know what in a few days you will be 3 and a big boy and 3 yr olds do not have pacis... and he thought about it and said he would keep the truck... we had a few tears but he did nap and asked again at night but we reminded him of the big boy 3 thing and he did ok and asked for it once the next day and then on his bday he had a sad look on his face at nap but never asked and paci was no more!!! Not sure if this long dialogue helps or not but hopefully it will encourage you or give you an idea! He still has his monkey! =)

DeDeandMatt said...

Oh girls, thank you.. Jennifer, it's almost daily that she tells me how thankful she is for her paci's. April, your comment was so helpful. That is our goal, to have the paci's gone the week before her birthday. I have mentioned a few times this last month that she won't be able to have a paci after she turns 3. Her teeth are fine and no problems there, thankfully. I think I am going to try the gift thing or possibly a paci party and send them off in baloons. Thanks ya'll for the encouragment.

DeDeandMatt said...

oh and I wish it were just at nap or bed time.. It is all the time. She doesn't get to have it at school. It started out, just the car and sleep times.. Then when she started cutting more teeth I allowed her to have it more.. BIG MISTAKE.. She wants them all the time.