Monday, April 6, 2009

Frugality


I am doing my best to be as frugal as I can be. I am starting to see that it is making a difference. The one way that I am saving a ton of money is in our grocery shopping. I am using lots and lots of coupons and arranging my buys based on what is on sale for the week and trying to make meals out of those items.. Now, this is time consuming and using brain power which mine is not that strong anymore.. hahahaaaaa.. I will show you what I bought this week and show you what I paid:
$107.89 dollars of groceries.
sausage, butters, eggs, lots of frozen veggies, soups, dressings, baby food, baby washcloths, cresent rolls, bread rolls, bugles chips, fresh mozzerella, nuts and almonds and YObaby yougurt..
I paid: $52.10 out of my pocket. I had $23.00 worth of coupons to give and by buying the items on sale there was a $33 dollars in savings..
Now what can I do with it? I am going to make an egg casserole. I am going to make a pasta dish that will use the mozerella and some of the veggies and of course my pasta from last sale..Along with the breads that I bought. I am going to make a pizza out of the other pillsbury bread I got.
Matt uses dressing like crazy because he dips all his veggies in it for his lunch.. The fun about buying like this is that I have a stockpile of other groceries that will complement my buys today.. Yay!!!
A few of my friends have asked how I am saving the money and this is how.. My lovely friend Sherry Thomas has trained me into the art of coupons with shopping.. I have always used coupons but now there is a hard core strategy.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Ummm, glory to God, girl! Get your proverbs 31 on! It is a little addictive, huh? It does make me feel like I am contributing to the family in a really tangible way, financially speaking. That has always been a stuggle for me, but this gives me so much of a feeling of fulling my "helpmatiness" hehe

I am so glad that you are doing so well. You really are my star student. And so far, my only student...

Do you think we could ever, ever find a starbucks coupon???