Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Covenant

I, DeDe, receive you Matt, as a gift from God,
I joyfully receive you to be my partner in life,
to have and to care for from this day forward,
in times of sorrow and in times of happiness, in
times of poverty and in times of properity, in
times of sickness and in times of well-being,
to love and to enjoy, till death makes us
separate again. I pledge my love to you this day.

That is what I said to Matt on July 8th, 2006.
We just celebrated our 3rd year of marriage
and as I reflect back on that pledge, God still
brings to mind that it is more than just a pledge,
it is a covenant. It is THE only human covenant relationship. When I think about that, I am humbled
by God's goodness. Humbled because we have
both messed up on several occasions and He has
been faithful to send the Holy Spirit to rescue us.
Thank you to the Lord Jesus who
knows our needs and provides beautifully the spouse
that we have and will remain in covenant with.

Anniversary stay: Ross Bridge Resort, 3 years in a row! Love it!
Look at those beautiful roses that Matt had delivered to our hotel Room.


Self portrait, and the only one we took
The view from our room and the
same view on our wedding night, I
might add









SA hung out with us in the afternoon
We had a great time in the pool!

No comments: